Easy Christmas Tree Doodles
Christmas trees are such a fun doodle idea for your bullet journal.
There are so many different styles you can create, and you can decorate them to your heart’s content!
If you’re not sure how to draw a Christmas tree, this post is for you; a tutorial on how to draw a Christmas tree for beginners.
Christmas Tree Bullet Journal Ideas
Before learning how to draw a Christmas tree, here are some ideas for including a Christmas tree in your bullet journal:
- Christmas tree cover page design for December.
- As doodles in your December weekly spreads.
- On a Christmas doodles page.
- Habit or Mood Christmas tree Tracker. You can create trackers (such as habit trackers, mood trackers, etc) and include Christmas tree doodles in your designs; e.g you can draw 31 trees on a page for a mood tracker for December, and add different colours for different moods. You can use different shades of green for the trees to mean different moods, or add baubles on the trees, and use different colous for different moods (e.g yellow Christmas baubles for happy, red for angry, blue for sad, etc).
- Alongside quotes about Christmas, or on a dedicated quote page.
I hope these Christmas tree bujo ideas are helpful!
Now let’s learn how to doodle a Christmas tree.
Equipment You Need to Draw A Christmas Tree
Below is a list of what equipment you will need to create a Christmas tree doodle:
- Paper, a sketchbook or a bullet journal to put your Christmas tree drawings in.
- A pencil to plan out your shapes.
- An eraser to rub out the pencil markings.
- A fineliner (black is suggested, but you can use any colour)
- Colours to add some colour to your trees; these can be coloured pencils, coloured pens or markers, or even watercolours.
Christmas Tree Drawing Tutorials Step by Step
Below are the step by step tutorials on how to draw different Christmas trees.
The first is how to draw a simple Christmas tree:
How to Draw a Christmas Tree for Beginners
Step 1: Using a pencil, draw an upright triangle. Add a small circle at the top (this is where your star at the top of the tree will go), and a small, thin rectangle at the bottom (to mark out the trunk).
Step 2: Split your triangle into 3 sections by drawing 2 horizontal pencil lines across your tree.
Step 3: Using a fineliner pen, draw the outline of your tree. Draw a vertical line at a slightly outward angle, then bring it in slightly. Repeat this for each section of the triangle, with the line getting wider toward the bottom.
Step 4: Draw a fineliner star at the top of the tree (on top of the small pencil circle that was marked out previously), and a trunk in a pot underneath the tree (where the pencil rectangle was previously drawn).
Step 5: Rub out your pencil markings, and add some fineliner details. These can include circles for baubles, and tinsel draped across the tree.
Step 6: Add some colour to your tree, and you’re done!
Below is a recap showing how to draw a Christmas tree step by step:
How to Draw a Christmas Tree
Here is another tutorial on how to draw a different style Christmas tree doodle.
I’ve listed this as not for beginners, as it is slightly more complex than the previous tutorial.
Step 1: Using a pencil, draw an upright triangle. Add a small circle at the top to mark where the star on the top of the tree will go, and a small, thin rectangle at the bottom to mark out the tree trunk.
Step 2: Using a fineliner, draw small triangles along the edge of the pencil triangle.
Step 3: Using a fineliner, add some more leaves to the tree to fill in the gaps.
Step 4: Draw a small star in fineliner at the top, and a fineliner tree trunk at the bottom.
Step 5: Rub out the pencil markings and add some fineliner circles for baubles.
Step 6: Add colour, and your Christmas tree is complete!
Here is a step by step picture tutorial on how to draw a detailed Christmas tree:
Christmas Tree Doodle Tutorial – Final Thoughts
I hope you’ve found these drawing tutorials on how to draw different Christmas trees helpful.
They should help you to add Christmassy doodles to your bullet journal!
Related Easy Doodle Tutorials
If you enjoyed this post, and would like to read more easy doodle tutorials, check out these other posts how to draw:
- How to draw a dandelion step by step
- How to draw a book for beginners
- How to draw lavender flowers
- How to draw leaves – easy step by step tutorials
- How to draw a snowman
- How to draw a candy cane
- Easy Snowflake drawing tutorials for beginners
- How to draw a Christmas ornament
- How to draw a Santa hat
- How to draw holly leaves – step by step tutorial
And be sure to follow us on Instagram here!