Easy Santa Hat Drawing Tutorial
A Santa hat is a simple Christmas doodle to draw.
Below is a full tutorial on how to draw a Santa Claus hat in a few simple steps.
It’s easy to follow along with, as it’s aimed at beginners!
Santa Hat Bullet Journal Ideas
Before learning how to draw a Santa hat, here are some ideas for including one in your bullet journal:
- Santa hat cover page.
- Doodles in your December weekly spreads.
- On a Christmas doodles page.
- Habit or Mood Tracker. You can create trackers, and include Santa hat doodles in your designs; e.g you can draw 31 Santa hat on a page for a mood tracker for December, and add different colours for different moods.
- Alongside quotes about Christmas, or on a dedicated quote page.
I hope these Santa hat bujo ideas are helpful!
Now let’s learn how to doodle a Santa hat.
Equipment You Will Need to Draw a Santa Hat
Here is a list of what you need to draw a Santa hat:
- Paper, a sketchbook or a bullet journal to draw your Santa Claus hat onto.
- A pencil to plan out the hat shape.
- An eraser to rub out the pencil markings.
- A fineliner pen (a black fineliner is suggested)
- A red colouring pencil, marker, or even red watercolour paint, if you want to add colour to your Santa hat.
That’s everything you will need to draw a Santa hat.
How to Draw a Santa Hat – Step by Step
Below is a step by step tutorial on how to draw a Santa hat:
Step 1: Using a pencil, draw a rectangle. Make it short and wide, and curve the shape upwards in the center slightly. Round the corners of the rectangle too. This will be the fur trim on the hat.
Step 2: Just above the top left corner of the rectangle shape, draw a small circle using a pencil.
Step 3: Again using a pencil, draw two lines joining the circle to the fur trim. The left line will be very small, and the outer right line will be much longer, as it curves from the top left corner across and down to the bottom on the right. This creates the area for the Santa Claus hat that will be red.
Step 4: Using your fineliner pen, go over the circle and initial rectangle shape to create the fur trim. Draw over the pencil line using small, curved lines that overlap, to create an almost cloud like effect (which will make it seem fluffy).
Step 5: Draw over the remaining pencil lines with a fineliner pen.
Step 6: Now your Santa hat has a fineliner outline, rub out the pencil outlines. Add colour to your hat; red is recommended, and you can add grey shadows to the fur trim and bobble at the end of the hat.
Below is a recap showing how to draw a Snowman step by step:
Easy Santa Hat Doodle Tutorial – Final Thoughts
I hope this post has helped you to draw a simple Santa hat.
It’s an easy Christmas doodle that looks great alongside other Christmassy doodles!
Related Easy Drawing Tutorial Posts
If you enjoyed this post on how to draw a Santa hat, you might like these other posts on easy drawing tutorials:
- How to draw a dandelion step by step
- How to draw a book for beginners
- Lavender drawing tutorial
- How to draw leaves – easy step by step tutorials
- Christmas tree doodle tutorial
- How to draw a candy cane
- Easy Snowflake drawing tutorials for beginners
- How to draw a Christmas ornament
- How to draw holly leaves – step by step tutorial
- Crystal drawing tutorials – how to draw a 3D crystal and crystal cluster
- How to draw a pig – easy tutorial for beginners
You can also follow us on Instagram here!